Big Production of The Blog Spot

Hello, Erie Ann here and I just want to welcome you to my hot new blog spot. This is where I will be keeping it real and keeping it funky. If you don't like well that's just to darn bad. Read someone else blog. Feel free to leave comments and you can even curse me out but just as long as you feel something and have a reaction to it, I don't care. Stay as long as you like and enjoy.

Tuesday, March 16

What life should be but isn't

Growing up I watched my mother struggle with three kids and said I wasn't going to do that. I wasn't going to struggle. It boggled my mind as a child how she could go to work and still be so broke. She was always so tired and cranky but I loved being around her anyway cause she was my moms. After she got a better position in the hospital we were able to enjoy life a little better. I always thought that you had to start at the very bottom (like below dirt) and make your way to the top. I never told my mother but I was proud of her and still am. To be able to support your family without an education and without asking for nothing is something to be proud of.
After that I watched my sister work hard. She worked at MC Donald's for a while and then moved onto a job in Express clothing store downtown. She worked there and at NYU at the same time.
I always assumed work was serious. No play time. Time to put your game face on because your going to war.
Now that I am in the workforce I have to be smart about what I choose to do and how long it's going to take for me to get there. I intend to change my major to nursing over the summer so I can start in the right direction towards my goal. I know nurses are making big money right now and the position will always be in demand. I want to be able to buy my moms a house before I'm thirty. I don't want to work hard anymore, I just want to work smart.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting that you compare work to going to war - Ehrenreich and Terkel will both show us some cases of worksplaces where this might play out in different ways.

    ReplyDelete